ATM Card/VISA Check Card Disclosure
NJ Community FEDERAL CREDIT UNION offers a number of services which allow you to access certain deposit and credit accounts by what is called an electronic transfer of funds from or to a deposit account through use of an Automated Teller Machine (ATM), a Point of Sale (POS) terminal or Visa terminal (Visa Check Card). This agreement contains all the terms of our electronic funds program. It describes the services and types of transfers available, and explains all of the rights and liabilities that apply.
If you use your card, you are bound by this agreement. We own the card. If we ask for it, you will give it back to us. We can change the terms or conditions of this agreement without telling you unless we are required to tell you under the law. Please read the entire agreement very carefully.
Effect of the agreement. Even though the sales, cash advance, credit or other slips I/we sign or receive when using the Card, the account number on the Card, PIN or any combination of the three may contain different terms, the checking account agreement is expanded by this Agreement, and is the contract which solely applies to all transactions involving the Card. My/Our use of the Card or the account number on the Card thereafter will indicate agreement to the amendments.
If you use your card in a foreign country, the amount will be converted to U.S. dollars at the rate that exists on the date of the exchange at the major financial market nearest to the place where the exchange is made. We don't control the exchange rate or the date or the place.
"You" and "Your" mean each of the persons who has signed the NJ Community Federal Credit Union application.
"We," "us," "our," and "credit union" mean NJ Community Federal Credit Union.
"Account" means each of your accounts with us which may be accessed by our card.
"ATM" means an Automated Teller Machine.
"POs" means Point of Sale Terminal.
"PIN" and "Number" mean your Personal Identification code Number.
"Transfer" means a withdrawal, deposit, or transfer of funds through the use of the ATM/VISA Check Card.
- Usual Terms: You may use your card to make deposits, get cash or to make transfers to or from your accounts or to inquire as to your account balance.
- Joint Cards: If more than one person signed your request for services, each person will be bound by the terms of this agreement and will be responsible for paying all amounts owed as a result of this agreement.
- Credit Accounts: You may use your card to get cash through your open-end credit account (Loanliner) if you have one. When you do, you agree to the terms of that account, including the FINANCE CHARGE terms.
TYPES OF TRANSFERS
- You may withdraw cash from one type of savings account (Primary or Other Savings) and one type of checking account. We may limit the amount of cash that you can get from an ATM, Visa merchant, and POs at one time. The ATM you use will tell you what the limit is. We may also limit the total amount of cash you can get in a set period of time. We don't have to tell you what that limit is because it is part of our security.
- Transfer funds between the above mentioned accounts.
- Make deposits to any of the above mentioned accounts.
- Make purchases from any of the above mentioned accounts.
- Your Number: We will send your card and PIN number by U.S. Mail. They will be mailed out within a few days of each other. This is done for your security.
- Receipts: Receipts are provided by the network members ATM units, POs terminals, and Visa merchants. If any ATM, POs, or Visa merchant fails to disperse a receipt, transactions may be verified by calling the credit union.
- Statement: You will receive a monthly account statement (unless there are not transfers in a particular month). In any case, you will receive a statement at least quarterly.
- Our Liability: If we don't complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you don't have enough available funds in your account to make the transfer.
- If the transfer would go over the credit limit on your LoanLiner.
- If the ATM where you are making the transfer does not have enough cash.
- If the ATM, POs terminal or Visa, or the system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- Limit on Liability: You may recover only your actual damages if our failure to make a transfer is:
- Not intentional.
- Results in a mistake made in good faith, and
- Should have been prevented by our usual practices.
- Safeguarding Your ATM/Visa Check Card and PIN Number: You agree to protect your ATM/ Visa Check Card and PIN number. You shouldn't keep your ATM/Visa Check Card and your PIN number in the same place. The best practice is to memorize your PIN number and destroy the paper on which it is written. DON'T TELL your number to ANYONE who is NOT ALLOWED to use your ATM/Visa Check card.
- Theft or Loss/Liability: Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your ATM/VISA Check Card or PIN number has been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your loss down. You could lose all the money in your accounts plus your maximum line of credit. You can lose no more than $50.00 should someone use your card or PIN number without your permission if you notify us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or the theft of your card or PIN number.
If you don't tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card or number, you could lose as much as $500.00. You will be liable for up to $500.00 loss if we can prove you COULD HAVE STOPPED SOMEONE from using your ATM/VISA Check Card or PIN number if you had notified us in time.
Also, if your statement shows a withdrawal that you did not make, tell us of any error. If you DON'T tell us within the 60 DAYS, you may not get back any money lost after the 60 Day notification period. You will not receive back any money lost after the 60 day notice period if we can prove that you could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had notified us in time.
If a good reason (such a hospital stay or long vacation) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
- Unauthorized Use Lost/Stolen, Request and Non-receipt: If someone uses your card without your consent, you will give us a sworn statement about it. The statement will be on our form and completely filled in.
- Reviewing Your Statement: You agree to look at your statements as soon as you get them. If a statement shows a transfer not made by you or any other error, you will tell us promptly. If you don't tell us within 60 DAYS after we mail the statement to you, the statement will be deemed to be correct. All withdrawals shown on the statement will be deemed to have your consent. In addition, any further improper transfer made with your ATM/VISA Check Card and PIN number after and the one you failed to tell us about will be deemed to have been made with your consent.
- Transaction Slips: The monthly statement for the savings and/or checking will identify the merchant, financial institution or electronic terminal at which Card withdrawals were made, but sales, cash advance, credit or other slips cannot be returned with the statement. I/We will retain the copy of such slips furnished at the time of the transaction in order to verify the monthly statement. The Credit Union may make a reasonable charge for photocopies of slips I/we may request.
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM
- Business Days: The Credit Union's normal business days are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Credit Union is closed on most recognized State of New Jersey and Federal holidays.
- Lost or Stolen Cards and Numbers: If you believe your card or number has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call us at (856) 235-0829, or write us at
NJ Community FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
P.O. Box 680
Moorestown, NJ 08057-0680
- Ending Authorized Use: If someone else is allowed to use your card and you want to end that person's use, you must tell us in writing. If that person has a card, you must return it with your written notice. If the accounts are joint or the ATM/VISA Check Card application is joint, we must have a letter signed by both parties. Call us at (856) 235-0829, or write us at:
NJ Community FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
PO Box 680
Moorestown, NJ 08057-0680
as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 DAYS after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the error of the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the date and the dollar amount of the suspected error. If you tell us orally, we may require you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
- Results of Credit Union Investigation: You will be informed of the results of the Credit Union's investigation within 10 business days (20 days for POs or foreign-initiated transactions) after we hear from you and we will correct any error promptly. If the credit union needs more time to investigate, however, we may take up to 45 calendar days to investigate your complaint or question (90 days for POs or foreign-initiated transactions). If the Credit union decides to do this, your account will be credited within 10 business days (20 for POs or foreign-initiated transactions) for the amount you think is in error. The Credit Union will notify you of the crediting within 2 business days, and you will have use of the funds during the time it takes the credit union to complete its investigation. If the Credit union asks you to put your complaint or question in writing, and we do not receive the written complaint or question within 10 business days, your account might not be credited. If the Credit Union determines that no error occurred, we will send you a written explanation within 3 business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents used in the investigation.
ACCOUNT INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
- We will disclose information to third parties about your accounts or the transfers you make:
- Where it is necessary for completing transactions.
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant.
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders.
- If you give us permission.
- If it involves a claim against us on an item deposited to or drawn against your account.
- If it is allowed under state or federal privacy laws.
- If we have to file a lawsuit to collect what you owe us including court costs and reasonable attorney fees not exceeding 20% of the amount owed.
- Right to Withdraw Funds. The NJ Community Federal Credit Union has the right to withdraw funds from any account(s) in the name of the cardholder(s) in order to satisfy any transfer made by the use of the ATM card.
- The minimum amount of cash you can withdraw from any ATM machine with your card is $20.00.
- The minimum transaction amount at a POs terminal with your ATM/VISA Check Card is $5.00, if the merchant ends up going through NYCE or PLUS.
- ALL POs transactions come from your savings accounts, if the merchant ends up going through NYCE or PLUS.
- Deposits at non-proprietary ATMs (cash or check) are available for withdraw no later than the tenth business day following the banking day on which the funds are deposited.
- Overdrafts. I/We promise to reimburse the credit union immediately for the amount of any ATM/POs Visa withdrawal that it honors which cannot be paid out of the primary savings, checking account, other savings, Christmas Club, Vacation Club, Corporate Account, Certificate of Deposit, Certificate Account, overdraft loan, or Home Equity Loan.
- Foreign Transactions. Card withdrawals made in foreign countries and foreign currencies will be charged to the checking and/or savings in U. S. Dollars. The exchange rate between the transaction currency and the billing currency used for processing international transactions is:
A rate selected by Visa from the range of rates available in wholesale currency markets for the applicable central processing date, which rate may vary from the rate Visa itself receives, or
The government-mandated rate in effect for the applicable central processing date,
in each instance, plus or minus any adjustment determined by the issuer.
- Returns and Adjustments. Merchants and others who honor the Card may give credit for returns or adjustments, and they will do so by initiating a credit to the Credit union, which will credit that amount to the Checking Account.
- Card Ownership. The Card will remain the property of the Credit Union, and I/we agree to surrender the Card to the Credit union at any time upon its request.
- By using the VISA Check/ATM Card, you pledge to us and grant us a security interest in the following shareholdings with us, to secure your VISA Check/ATM card. You authorize us to apply these shareholdings to any amounts due on the account or under this agreement if you should default. Primary Savings, Other Savings, Certificate of Deposit, Christmas Club, Vacation Club, Corporate Account, Certificate Account, Checking.
We're open Monday to Friday 7:30 AM to 6 PM and Saturday 9 AM to 4 PM.